Sunday, March 2, 2014

Prophecy Geeks, Prophecies Fulfilled, and Prophecies Yet to be Fulfilled

Thanks Morguefile.com
I have been a prophecy geek for as long as I can remember. And that’s saying something since I have not been a Christian for as long as I can remember.

I got serious about being a Christian in my twenties, but it really started before that. When I was a kid, my family went to church some, but I really don’t remember hearing about Jesus.

When I was a teenager I got to go to church camp for a week each summer and I loved it. I heard more about Jesus there, but I still didn't know a lot about Him or the Christian faith. And so I listened to the gospel message and I prayed the prayer and I got saved when I was thirteen. And again when I was fourteen. And again when I was fifteen…

But because I didn't know Him, and because I couldn't seem Him, and because lots of stuff was happening in my world…I left Him.

But He didn't leave me. I didn't know Him, but He knew me. Just as He knows you. And He was working in my life through all that time, protecting me and bring me through so I would be here…

…for such a time as this.

Even way back then I had a keen interest in prophecy. I wanted to know what the prophecies said about our future because, from the earliest I can remember, I had the most sure, confident “knowing” that I would see prophecies fulfilled in my lifetime.

I know. That’s crazy. How could I have such a sure knowing I would witness Bible prophecies being fulfilled when I hardly even knew Jesus Christ? My answer: that could only be God planting that knowing in me.

So this blog has been a very long time in the making.

But this blog is about more than Bible prophecies. This blog is really about is my most basic passion since I came to know Jesus: helping you to know Him better through His Word, the Bible.

I wonder how my life might have been different if someone had taught me about Jesus and the Bible earlier. I was in my thirties before I was invited to a Bible study and began to really learn what it said, what God was doing in the world, and about the prophecies – those that have been fulfilled and those that have yet to be fulfilled. I would have loved to know more sooner.

I wonder who else is out there who is longing for someone to help them understand more about God and Bible. I wonder who is out there wishing someone would help them see what God is doing in this world, and where their place is in it, and whether God cares about them.

So here we are. God has brought me to this place. And I have no doubt about this: God has brought you here too.

You’re not here by mistake. This is not a fluke. This is not some weird coincidence., Yes, I’m talking to you! Stopping looking over your should to see who else is in the room that I might be talking to. I’m talking to you.

You are reading this because God has led you here for a reason, for a purpose. For such a time as this.

That purpose is to know Him better. To learn about Him. To discover Him – perhaps for the first time. And to strengthen your faith in Him for the future.

The future.  Let me ask you… Do you feel it? Something is brewing. It’s in the not too distant future. (Tweet that!) Perhaps in many ways it’s already here. You sense it, don’t you? Something is coming. Something big. Something historic. Do you feel it? Do you see the signs all around us? (Tweet that!)

Maybe you feel it coming, like I do, but you don’t know what it means.

It’s time learn. It’s time to understand. It’s time to get ready. Because it’s coming.

So let’s talk about it. Let’s get ready…yes, we can prepare…for what is coming.

How are we going to do that? By looking into God’s Word to us – which is the Bible – and seeing what He has said. By looking at what it mean for us today. What has He told us? What is He doing in the world today? What is going to happen in the future? Where are we headed?

And importantly: What can we tell about our future by seeing what God has done in the past?

Let’s explore it. Let’s explore prophecies that have been fulfilled and prophecies yet to be fulfilled. Are you with me? I’m so looking forward to this journey and to having you with me.


--> To receive new posts by e-mail, enter your address in the box at the upper right.

No comments:

Post a Comment